- BUY TICKETS
Special Events+The cast of Merrily We Roll Along, 2012. Photo by Sandy Underwood.
Little Shop of Horrors Sing-Along
Sunday, Jan. 29, at 2 p.m. at Kenwood Theatre
Prepare for the Playhouse production of Little Shop of Horrors by singing along with the movie! See the 1986 rendition of this classic musical, starring Rick Moranis (Seymour), Ellen Greene (Audrey) and Steve Martin (Orin Scrivello, DDS), with appearances by James Belushi, John Candy and Bill Murray.
Tickets cost $10. Reserve your seat to join us for this interactive event.
Thursdays, Jan. 26, Feb. 2, Feb. 9 and Feb. 16, 2017, at 6 p.m.
Join us before Thursday evening performances of Little Shop of Horrors for a special vegetarian dinner. Dinners start at 6 p.m. for $32 per person.
The menu features:
• The Audrey II: Romaine and mixed greens, cucumber, carrots, grape tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette with a baguette and butter.
• Seymour's Sliders: Grilled portobello two-bite sandwiches, balsamic marinated and grilled, served on focaccia with fresh arugula and Boursin cheese.
• Skid Row Skewers: Grilled vegetable skewers with zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, mozzarella cheese, Kalamata olives and Romesco sauce on the side.
• Grow for Me Salad: Roasted vegetable couscous, carrots, parsnips, peppers and sweet potatoes tossed with garbanzo beans, golden raisins, parsley and pine nuts.
• Assorted Eat Well cookies.
• Two Beverages of Your Choice: Beer, wine or soda.
Each meal is complemented with two beverages of choice (beer, wine or soda). Dinners are catered by Eat Well Celebrations and Feasts. To reserve your dinner, call the Playhouse Box Office at 513-421-3888.
Seeing Through Spirit Photography
Playhouse Perspectives | Monday, Feb. 13, at 7:00 p.m.
Explore the mysterious and deceitful world of spirit photography with guest lecturer Dr. Theresa Leininger-Miller. The University of Cincinnati art history professor appears as part of our Playhouse Perspectives series to help audiences delve into the world of William H. Mumler and his contemporaries, who manipulated photo negatives to create false images of subjects with their deceased loved ones.
Join us to learn how this process became a phenomenon that swept the United States in the late 19th century as a reaction to the Civil War. This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited, so reserve your spot now through the Playhouse Box Office at 513-421-3888. The Playhouse Perspectives series is supported by a generous grant from Roderick and Barbara Barr.
Jane Eyre Book Club
March 6 and April 3, 2017, at 7 p.m. at Joseph-Beth Booksellers' Rookwood location
This season, in partnership with Joseph-Beth Booksellers, the Playhouse is launching a book club for audience members interested in better understanding the process of adapting a book from the page to the stage. Playhouse book club participants are invited to attend special discussion events. We’ll talk about the book itself: the plot and characters, the overarching themes, how you might imagine it translates to a theatrical setting and even the challenges you see in adapting the story. Discussions that take place after you’ve seen the play focus on what excited and surprised you and how members of the artistic team approached the show.
Books can be purchased or ordered through Joseph-Beth. Discussion events are free, but registration is required in advance through the Playhouse Box Office at 513-421-3888.
Saturdays, March 18, 25, April 1 and April 8, 2017, at 2:30 p.m.
Join us before Saturday matinee performances of Jane Eyre for a special afternoon tea. Teas start at 2:30 p.m. for $32 per person.
The menu features:
• Homemade veggie cream cheese spread with fresh peppers.
• Boursin cheese spread with fresh cucumbers.
• Curried chicken salad with almonds, celery and golden raisins.
• Mini-slice of homemade quiche.
• Thumbprint cookie.
• Mini double fudge brownie.
• Cup of fresh fruit
• Bagged cut-out cookie Served with your choice of black, herbal or green tea.
Teas are catered by The BonBonerie. To reserve your tea, call the Playhouse Box Office at 513-421-3888.
CONTACT THE BOX OFFICE513-421-3888
TOLL FREE (OH, KY & IN only)
Telecommunication Device for the Deaf
STANDARD SEASON HOURSMonday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Box Office closing hours may vary based on performance schedule.