Shadow Cast Film Series — Off the Grid
Mariemont Theatre, 6906 Wooster Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45227
One dream will change everything.
In the 2006 hit musical Dreamgirls, three female soul singers find their dreams of musical stardom coming true (and their personal lives forever changed) in the early 1960s. This special screening will feature a live shadow cast performance for an interactive event. Mariemont Theatre has safety protocols related to COVID-19, and attendees should anticipate wearing masks while moving throughout the building, having their temperatures taken prior to entry, following reduced capacity auditorium seating, and adhering to social distancing guidelines.
An Off the Grid Event
Written by Trey Tatum
Burger Farm and Garden Center
7849 Main St. (Rt. 32), Cincinnati, OH 45244
Strange things are happening in the corn fields of Burger Farm…
There are whispers of supernatural events and sightings of monstrous creatures, and everything is becoming a little spookier than usual. What secrets are lurking in the fields? What sinister surprises are in store? With fun nods to horror and thriller favorites from Stephen King to Ghostbusters, a twisted tale unfolds as audiences walk the haunted trail in this immersive, theatrical experience. Suitable for ages 13 and up. Groups leave every 10 minutes between 6:40 p.m. and 10 p.m. and will include up to 10 people. Entry times are reserved in advance. The experience lasts approximately 45 minutes. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your ticketed start time.
When the grown-ups are away, the kids will play… in Pumpkinland!
Treat your kids to a fun-filled 90 minutes while you venture out into the fields. Children will rotate between the three activities in small groups. Each session includes excursions in the Pumpkinland maze, pumpkin crafts and Halloween-themed movies like It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Suitable for ages 4 to 12. Kids Pumpkin Parties have 90-minute timed entries beginning at 6:30, 8, and 9:10 p.m. and cost $10. Pumpkin Party tickets are available as an add-on when you purchase tickets for Children of the Corn Maze.
What You Need to Know:
• The trail for the Children of the Corn Maze haunted experience includes walking along uneven gravel roads and through corn fields. One portion of the walk includes a slight incline. Patrons may walk through mud. With advanced coordination, some accommodations for accessibility can be made.
• We recommend wearing full-length pants and comfortable shoes that you can walk in for extended periods of time and don’t mind getting a little muddy.
• Face masks are required during the event. Groups of 10 on the haunted trail may include people you don’t know, but the location makes it easy to maintain social distance throughout. Children at the Pumpkin Party will be able to maintain six feet of distance with those who are not from the same family group.
• Visibility is limited in the corn fields, and tours will take place in the evening and at night. Flashlights will be provided, and pathways will be clearly marked.
• Children attending the Pumpkin Party must wait to enter until their ticketed session, and they must be picked up by their designated time.
• There will be concessions for purchase, including popcorn, nachos and cheese, hot pretzels, coffee and tea, bottled water, soda, apple cider, and apple cider slushies. Cash and credit are acceptable.
• No food or beverages are allowed in the fields.
An Off the Grid Event
Written by Margot H.G. Manburg
Who doesn't love a good mystery?
In this interactive whodunnit hosted via Zoom, armchair detectives can log in from home to track down the culprit of a crime. Participants will break out into teams, observe scenes, track clues and interact with characters to solve a mystery, virtually.