800-582-3208 (Toll Free)
513-345-2248 (Telecommunication Device for the Deaf)
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
962 Mt. Adams Circle
Cincinnati, OH 45202
• Exchange your tickets by noon the day of your performance by calling the Box Office.
• Give the gift of theatre to friends, acquaintances or business associates. If you cannot get your tickets to them, we can print duplicates that they can pick up at the Box Office.
• Donate your tickets to the Playhouse as a charitable contribution to a not-for-profit organization. Call the Box Office to release your seats BEFORE the scheduled performance, destroy your tickets and we will issue a receipt for your tax return. Once the performance begins, we cannot issue tax-deductible certificates.
If the show is still running, yes. We offer admission after a missed performance for a fee of $5 (plus any additional costs associated with improved seating), valid only for another performance of the same play. Here's how it works:
• The Box Office distributes seating beginning ONE HOUR prior to curtain on a first-come, first-served basis when expired tickets are presented.
• If reserved seating is not available, you will be given an empty seat pass. You will then meet the house manager at the door of the theatre just prior to curtain. He or she will assist you in finding empty seats in the theatre.
• The missed performance admission is valid through the final performance of the missed show. Please call the Box Office to confirm the show time(s) on the day you plan to attend.
Ticket prices for individual Playhouse productions begin at $35 and vary based on the date and seating location desired. Generally, you'll receive the best seats at the best prices by purchasing early or by purchasing a Playhouse subscription. All Playhouse ticket prices are subject to change based on availability. To view specific prices, select the Buy Tickets button for the production you'd like to see. Then, select the date and seats you prefer.
Looking for a discount? The Playhouse offers a number of discount programs. Discounts for groups of eight or more adults are also available.
Ticket prices vary based on performance and seat location.
The Robert S. Marx Theatre has four price zones. In our ticketing purchase path, you will see each zone represented by the following colors:
Price Zone 1 - Blue (includes the most expensive seats)
Price Zone 2 - Purple
Price Zone 3 - Green
Price Zone 4 - Pink (includes the least expensive seats for all show except A Christmas Carol)
*Price Zone 5 - Yellow (includes the least expensive seats for A Christmas Carol only)
The Shelterhouse Theatre has three price zones. In our ticketing purchase path, you will see each zone represented by the following colors:
Center Section - Blue (includes the most expensive seats)
Side Section A - Purple
Side Section B - Pink (includes the least expensive seats)
Contact the Box Office by phone or in person no later than noon the day of your performance. Tell us which show you want to exchange. Once we agree on an alternate seat location and date, we will exchange your seats instantly and release your old seats for sale immediately. Pick up your new tickets any time during Box Office hours. Destroy your old tickets by tearing them lengthwise and discarding them. Don't forget to mark your calendar with your new performance date.
Subscribers: There is no service fee for subscribers to exchange any ticket, including additional single ticket purchases.
Non-subscribers: There is a $4 exchange fee per ticket/per exchange.
Upgrades: Exchanges made to higher-priced tickets will be charged the price difference. Upgrade charges are due at the time of exchange and can be charged to American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
• If your tickets have expired, please read the missed performance procedure below to find out how you can still see the show.
• Seating is based on availability and may not be comparable to original seating. Since we do not save seats for exchanges, please call us as soon as you know you have a conflict.
• Reserved parking may not be available on your new performance day. If parking is sold out for your new date, we will put you on a waiting list and call you when we secure space. If we cannot secure a spot, please stop by the Box Office on the night of your performance to obtain a parking refund for that individual performance.
• Exchanges to lower-priced tickets will not receive a refund.
A $.90 per ticket fee is assessed by The Cincinnati Park Board on all ticket purchases.
In addition, the Playhouse assesses a $4 per ticket handling fee to all single ticket buyers. Subscribers pay no additional fees on any single ticket purchases.
Below are seat maps for the Marx Theatre and the Rosenthal Sheleterhouse Theatre, as well as a seat map specifically for A Christmas Carol, presented by First Financial Bank.
This is the seating chart for the new Rosenthal Shelterhouse seating in our 2019-20 season:
Save by coming to our discounted preview performances (the shows prior to opening night).
Robert S. Marx Theatre previews occur on the Saturday (8 p.m.), Sunday (2 p.m.), Tuesday (7:30 p.m.) and Wednesday (7:30 p.m.) prior to opening night of a show.
Shelterhouse Theatre previews occur on the Saturday (8 p.m.), Sunday (7 p.m.), Tuesday (7:30 p.m.) and Wednesday (7:30 p.m.) prior to opening night of a show.
Barbara Chisholm in Erma Bombeck: At Wit's End. Photo by Mikki Schaffner.